National 529 College Savings Day and Plans
Here is who is talking about 529 college savings plans and some of their key points!
1. Deseret News: National College 529 Savings Day
*Friday, 5/29/15, is national college 529 Savings Day!
*Research by the U.S. Census Bureau shows college graduates earn an average of $1 million more in their lifetimes than high school graduates.
*Utah Education Savings Plan (UESP) will provide a $25 match to people who open their first UESP account and contribute at least $25 to it.
2. Liz Weston, Reuters: Top-rated 529 college savings plans probably are not for you
* Most Americans are not allowed to invest in two of the best performing 529 college savings plans, according to recent performance rankings
*Consumers still have lots of great choices to select from to do their college saving
*Comparing state college savings plans is difficult because options vary widely among plans, according to Joseph Hurley, founder, SavingForCollege.com
3. Paul Curly, Strategic Insight, 529 Dash: 529 Day – Required reading for your 529 education
* Federal and state tax income tax incentives continue to improve for 529 college savings plans
*Student loan debt will be a core topic of the next presidential election according to the Wall Street Journal
4. Leo Acheson, Morningstar.com: Do tax benefits outweigh higher costs of 529 college savings plans?
* New study finds 529′ plans federal tax benefits make them a better choice overall for college savers
PILOT TEST Dream Big Day (DBD) & DBD RESOURCES – Inspire Big Dreams NOW!
Quote Regarding Dream Big Day Experience:
The impact from Sammy Rabbit’s Dream Big Day Experience was immediate. The focus on planning for the future fits our college and career focus but added the element of financial literacy. – Principal, Christine Heinrichs
Reading and Resources
White House Helps Celebrate 529 College Savings Plans
One Girl’s Big College Dream!
Life long learning is a great habit. Who I learned from today!
Parents Possess Power to Shape Kids Money Habits
Saving money is a stepping stone to compound interest
Nasa Chief to College Graduates “Dream Big”
Grandparents: One of the Best Kept Secrets in College Planning (Ross Riskin, CPA, assistant Professor of Accounting at Albertus Magnus College, New Haven, CT)